Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It is not said

I can bet you every girl in the world wants her boyfriend to tell her she's beautiful in every way. She wants to know she's amazing to him. To know that she doesn't need to change who she is to become his perfect girl because she already is.

Then again, most of our wishes for our boyfriends to say we're beautiful when we're in our baggy sweatpants paired up with an old cartoon tee with the messiest hair possible in the morning usually fades away. If we girls would to cry with snot running down our noses, making wailing noises, would our boyfriends comfort us, no matter what the problem is, with I-love-you's or telling you that you are still the prettiest girl even though you're crying like a mad cow? Most of us would get a small pat on the back packaged with silence until we stop crying.

I'm not saying that us girls want you guys to give us compliments all the time or neither we are consistently fishing for them. What I mean is, it hurts us when we put in so much effort whether in putting our make up on, or doing our hair, simply attempting to look as pretty as the other girls around us and that when we see you guys and hope that you would say that we look good, you throw us an "Ok". Or sometimes, not even mentioning anything.

Most girls have low-self-esteem in them. Some even suffer from depression. Insecurities and fear prevents most girls from discovering just how extraordinary they are. All it takes is a single and simple compliment on her outfit or her hair just to make her beautiful and make her day. Sometimes her week.

Boys, tell her that you are lucky enough to have her in your life by your side. Compliment her when you go out on dates. Just make sure she feels good about herself and tell her she doesn't need to change herself for you.

Girls, we're not off the hook either. Your boyfriends deserve some compliments too! I'm not going to tell you what to say cause each of us know what to do at the right times. But I would like to point out that most girls need that extra boost in their life. So tell your girlfriend that her make up looks great on her, or if you have heard of the "You are beautiful" program, write "You are beautiful" on post-it notes and paste them in the washrooms in public places, or in dressing rooms just to make people smile and feel good about themselves.

I'm considered lucky. He comforts me with words I myself cannot come up with when I cry with snot running down my nose. He tells me I'm pretty when I tell myself that I'm not all the time. And the best thing is, he tells me that I don't need to change myself to be like the other girls because he likes me for who I am.


Toodles with love,
Alanna the Banana

No comments: