Sunday, June 13, 2010

To everything we've been through to get this far

To the first "Hi" I said to you almost 4 years ago. I pretty much knew your existence ever since I was 12, but we only met when we were 16. That "Hi" totally didn't leave an impression on you.
To the very few conversations in high school we had even though our classes were next to each other and you practically sat around all my friends. Well, at least I talked to you.
To the end of high school and to the problems you've listened about other guys who were turning my life 180 degrees. Not 360 but 180. A guy's opinion was what I needed.
To the boy who became my best friend. You were always the easiest to talk to and it was always fun talking about random stuff. You were always the person I talked to every weekend when you were away at NS, telling you about my horrible week and you telling me yours. Which guy ever picks out girl's clothes?
To the evening when you taught me to play a few chords of "Collide" on the guitar. One of my favourite songs and you played it for me after that. I was so caught up with your playing till my dad called. Potong stim.
To the person I went to when I got my heartbroken. We all knew what happened with this one alright. You made it seem like he wasn't worth it and that random conversations with you on skype were better.
To the weekends we went out having meals and watching movies together. They made us closer, letting each other know about our secrets and just talking about basically everything we could think of and just laughing at everything.
To the first time the both of us held hands. It was during Star Trek. Neither of us got the movie. Someone was cold and asked for my hand. It was the moment I knew I wanted to be more than just best friends.
To the first time we exchanged those three words I thought I would never say again. I never looked back from that night onwards because it felt right.
To the words you said that you would never hurt me like he did because I was with you now. My best friend, and now my boyfriend, which better guy would I wanna be with other than you?
To the first time going out in public as a couple. (We had to skip someone's birthday party remember? We were pretty much too caught up with seeing each other. I know I changed my outfit several times before we went out, the amount of clothes on my bed that night =.=. And I tripped after the movie when we were walking down the stairs. How embarrassing. You were like omg, I was like laughing but deep down I was like, omg, wtf so embarrassing and it bludy hurts. Ah, pretty much limped after that) The explanations we had to do when friends saw us. But I've never been more happier to let them know we're together.
To the first kiss I placed on your cheek. I know both of us blushed, ok, maybe you didn't but I did. =) It was at night and you couldn't see!
To our first time getting into trouble. That was a memory, so guess who's our best friends now?
To our first fight with tears and anger. We gave it up fast anyway cause we couldn't stand being mad at each other.
To the day I first met your parents as your girlfriend. I remember, after Jog of Hope. It was uh, awkward for me to wake up on your bed looking at your mom standing at the door asking me if I wanted to join for dinner. (Totally under dressed that night, I was in a jersey and shorts! Which girl meets her boyfriend's parents in jersey and shorts!!!) One of the most nervous moments I ever had and thank god it was all good and I didn't embarrass myself in any way.
To the day I brought you home to meet my mom. Well, turns out she likes you a lot now. Keeps asking about you. Jeez. 
To the first gift you gave me. I still don't know how you knew I loved pearls because I never told you. I have been wearing the bracelet everyday since you gave it to me. So beautiful, aunties come up to me and ask where I got it from and of course you get to proudly reply that you bought it for me (Scary right that night, she kept looking like she wanted to take it away).
To our first birthdays spent together. It was especially fun on yours because it was my first time meeting your friends from Uni. And it was my first time getting ready in front of your parents, wearing a dress and putting on make up. And I got your sister to help me out to surprise you with the gift but PHAIL. And I got to feed you cake! You called me an angel that night.
To our first break which lasted no more than 24 hours. With tears and talking until both of us watched the sun rose. It was before my Psych exam. (You guys always choose the wrong times!!)
To our first New Year's together. New Year's kiss and we found out that it wasn't all that special anyway. Fireworks and free coke and laughing our asses off the bench listening to terrible music.
To our first Valentine's date, though we were early by a few days. The first flower I received from a guy. Carnations will now always be my favourite flower. And who dresses up so nicely to go to a mall?
To the first time meeting your entire family during Chinese New Year, your mom's birthday. I totally embarrassed myself that night. Pasar malam in the morning. What on earth???

To the boyfriend who is almost everything to me (yes, almost), thank you for being you. Thank you for not judging me for who I was in the past but instead looked at me as a person you could change for the better. For all the memories, good or bad, I would never change any of them because they have made us who we are today, stronger and better than before. For your random gifts, a bottle for my birthday? Well, it was expensive so thank you, anyway. For your shoulder, hugs, kisses and wise words when I was down, for your smiles, that not only makes me want to smile back at you but also wanting to punch your face sometimes. =) I know I've said this many many times before, I have never loved someone like you and I still consider myself the luckiest bitch to have a chance with you.

And to our first time going through this and I hope many more in the future,

Happy Anniversary darling.

I will always love you. 



Toodles with so much love for you, 
Alanna the Banana

No comments: