Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just remember, you deserve this

Since I have so much free time, and I needed to give a special someone a personalized box, I decided to challenge myself. I decided to cut something detailed in a small scale.


I was concentrating on decorating the cover of the box. The box is half the size of the Sprite can. So you guys know how small the box I was dealing with. I WILL TAKE UP THE CHALLENGE!

So I printed it out and started tracing it. The paper I used was about 6cm x 6cm. Yeah, it's really small.

These were the most detailed parts, so I did them first.

Then I slowly cut out the rest, part by part.

That is half of it. By the time I got here, 2 hours have gone by. Yeah, tiniest thing I've ever cut with so much details. And proud to say, without slicing the other parts. I had to improvise some parts so it could fit the box properly though.

DONE! I stuck over the "J" on the cover using spray mount and put PVC clear sticker over it so that the fragile parts don't get damaged after a while. 

Pretty ain't it? =D


The picture I used to trace. It had to be scaled down 35%. 

That's all I've been doing so far, besides going out and having fun. I'm working on something else already since I'm done with the present. I'll post about the present thingy next time round cause I don't wanna spoil the surprise. If you think that was just the present, you're wrong, because there are other presents for the special someone. =) 

The picture below is what I'm working on right now. Try and guess what it is. =)



Toodles with love, 
Alanna the Banana

No comments: