Monday, December 22, 2008

Seafood in Singapore

No, I'm not taking about the seafood as in prawns, crabs and etc. It's more about the lala-s and the ah bengs. We refer them as seafood now, it seems more convinient and less insulting. Ok, maybe it is insulting but picture this - you're in a mall and there are so many lalas and ah bengs. You wouldn't say omg, there are soooo many lalas!! - insulting isn't it? This is what you should say - "OMG, it's seafood haven!!!". Sounds so much better and less obvious.

I've got nothing against these people. Ok, maybe I do. I just can't help it! I'm sorry! I can't help but to critisize about what they wear, how they tie their hair, how the pose in pictures, how high their socks are, how filli-falla their shirt is! Omg, someone stop me!

Anyway, I went to Singapore on the 6th for my cousin's wedding (it's a little too late now is it?). So we decided to go to Orchard Road to do a little shopping since it was sale and all. I was walking with my parents and cousins when i started noticing something. There were no lala-s or ah bengs along orchard road or in any of the shopping malls along it. NONE! Ok, maybe one, but it was my cousin. I made sure i was a metre behind her at all times but still close enough to let my relatives know that we're in a group. Back to the topic, I looked around and observed the people. Tourists, locals, still no signs of any seafood. From takashimaya to wheelock, my seafood-detector had no signals. I don't know about any other places like Vivo city (cause i never got the chance to go there to shop this time around), but as far as i know, Orchard Road is seafood-free. I couldn't believe my eyes have stayed sooooo clean for 5 hours already. From that moment, I knew the trip to Singapore was going to be perfect.

According to Matthew, Vivo city was filled with seafood. But isn't Vivo prominent as Orchard Road? Oh well. So, if anyone of you wants to enjoy a scene where it is seafood-free, please, enjoy yourselves in Orchard Road. Boxing day is tomorrow right? According to Matthew, the designer brands are having a sale from 70% and below. Yeah, except Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and all those expensive shops. I mean like Gap, Guess, all those shops which are expensive yet affordable in a way. You know what i mean. So those in Singapore, enjoy yourselves alright?!

Merry Christmas once again!


Toodles with love,
Alanna the Banana

No comments: