Friday, December 5, 2008

Cause you're a guy!

I'm sure all of us have come across a situation where the guy always complains about how girls care too much about what they wear. Whether it is in our daily lives, in books, on tv, on the radio, over MSN, et cetera, et cetera, we constantly face this small situation which usually ends up in a arguement, as in a small, unofficial debate. It will never end until something else distracts both parties.

I do agree that we, girls care about what we wear. ALOT. We strive to look good, feel good and be good. For who I ask? Ourselves and sometimes the guys, but mostly for ourselves. We dress up differently for different occassions, we plan what to wear for a normal outting, its just important to us women. So why did i bring the topic up?

My mom was telling me how she can't find nice black heels to go with her outfit for the coming wedding this sunday in Singapore. I offered her my heels but she said they were a little too high for her (3 inches isn't high). My dad (suffering from menopause or probably PMS) got kind of agitated and told my mom to just simply wear a pair of shoes. He even said, "If I was a woman, I don't think I would even care what I wear". I immediately responded saying that he would definitely care if he was one. We started arguing. I lost cause he started raising his voice. I knew I could never stand a chance. I can't piss the old man off any longer cause it would give him a heart attack.

Girls, if you don't agree with me on this, I say your LYING. You DO care about what you wear because the clothes you wear represents your character. You DO care because you know that when you go out, some other person would definitely critisize on what you are wearing. You DO care because you want to give a good impression on people, especially on the guy you have a crush on. You CARE!

The guys would probably say, "Yeah, girls think too much of their clothing." Then the girls would probably say, "You wouldn't understand cause you're a guy!". Hey guys, we girls dress ourselves up during prom to make you feel good about taking us as a date. We pay alot of money so that you would find us attractive for that one special night. Guys, don't ruin that one special night for us. You BETTER pay us compliments! >=[

Going to singapore tomorrow! SALE! Yes, I'm going to look for those heels. They better be there waiting for me.

Toodles with love,
Alanna the banana.

P.S. - I don't mean calling my dad an old man. Just got kind of frustrated with him.

No comments: