Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's VDay. I had nothing to do so I wrote this.

The phone vibrated again. Her house phone was ringing. An IM popped up on her computer screen. The door bell rang. All these happened at the same time. She stared at everything. The door was only a few feet away from her. She held her phone tightly as it continued vibrating. Lost. That was what she was. It all happened too fast.

******************************

"So???? Who is he?" asked Jo. She looked at her friend, tucked her hair behind her ears and smiled while she hugged her books tightly towards her chest. "Don't just leave me in the dark, tell me already!!!" Once again, she took a look at Jo and glanced to her left. There he was. Wearing a red shirt, Levi's hanging loosely on his hips, one hand in his pocket, another holding onto the strap of his bag he was carrying on his shoulder. His hair looked like he had just woken up and he had his earphones on. He stopped walking and looked directly at her as if knowing she was analysing him. He shot her a smile so warm, she thought she was going to faint if she returned the smile to him. She chose to smile with her eyes instead and he just knew what she meant. He walked into the classroom, taking one quick look at her once more and he was gone as the door closed behind him. "I see now. Shaun? Not bad," Jo said as nudged her friend.
"We got talking yesterday and the conversation got kinda quiet. Then he asked me out. I didn't know what to say. Actually, I didn't even say anything after that. He just told me to join him for lunch today. He wouldn't take no for an answer," she explained to Jo. "That explains your cute top. What style are you going for? I'm-just-your-average-girl or is it I-look-good-in-this-top-and-you-know-it-so-you-better-say-I-look-good?" Jo asked as both of them started walking to their classroom. "I'm not going for any look. This was what I was going to wear today anyway," she said and paused. "Alright, maybe I am going for the I'm-just-your-average-girl-but-I-think-I-can-totally-kick-ass-this-outfit, happy?" she continued as she grinned at Jo. "Thank god, after six years of hanging out with me, you showed that at least you learnt something," Jo said with relief. They pushed the classroom door together and walked in with Jo going in first. "Hey, Lisa!" someone called out.
She looked up and saw Chase. His hair was styled up, all spiky and his black hair brought out his big, brown, eyes. His pierced ear had a diamond stud the size of a diameter of a pencil. In fact, he actually was kind of cute. Lisa walked over to him and put her books down on the desk next to him. "Someone's attracted to me. You know it, I know it, and we know it's Y-to-the-O-to-the-U. Which explains why you're sitting next to me, again," said Chase with confidence. Raising her eyebrow, she grinned and said, "You were the one waving your hands like a mad person and pointing at this seat. Besides that, you just need me to tutor you on Maths again right?". He smiled showing his straight pearly whites as he pushed the Math book towards her. "See? I knew it," said Lisa.

Leo says:
Hey you.

Lee-Sa!! says:
Hey!!! How r you over there?

Leo says:
If you consider having to constantly to call random ppl frm the phonebk, and then get yelled by them, fine, then I guess I'm good here.

Lee-Sa!! says:
That bad huh? At least you'll be quitting your job soon right? I mean, how long have you been working? Since the holidays started?

Leo says:
Yup! In 2 days, I'll b back in town. So, how's college?

Lee-Sa!! says:
FANtastic! Some really cute guy just asked me out n I'm totally psyched abt it!

Leo says:
Oh. Good 4 you Lisa. =)

Lee-Sa!! says:
I know!! Leo, you gotta come back soon. I really miss those outings we usually have during the weekends. Text me or IM me k?

Lee-Sa!! says:
Leo?

Leo says:
Yeah, I'm here.

Lee-Sa!! says:
Text me or IM me alright? I have to go now. Date!!! AHHH!!

Leo says:
Alright. See you.

Lee-Sa!! says:
TA!!!!

Lee-Sa!! may not respond because his or her status is Offline.

Leo:
Hope the date sucks.


Lisa logged off and clicked the Shut Down button. She packed up her stuff and walked out from the library. Where was he going to take her, she thought. She climbed up the stairs slowly as her kitten heels clacked on the marble floors. She saw him talking to his friends. He looked like he was having a casual conversation when he stopped and looked at her. Once again, she thought she was going to melt. She walked over and said hi to his friends. "Enough chatting. We have to go for lunch now. If we waste any more time talking, my minutes will keep on reducing cause they were supposed to be for this young lady here," said Shaun with a little smile as he put his hand on her shoulder. She was half a head shorter than him. Good to know that she can add more inches on her heels whenever they go out some other time. If there was going to be some other time. They excused themselves and walked out from the campus. They talked about their classes, who did what and complained about the lecturer they both have. Shaun lead her into a small restaurant. It was small and cosy and perfect for lunch.
"You're ordering mac and cheese? You do know that it's filled with cheese and loads of carbs right?" asked Shaun. "I know that. I like cheese. That's why I'm ordering it," she replied with surprise. She looked at him, he looked well, shocked.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Common, you can't fool me."
"Ok. You're probably the first girl I've seen ordering Mac and Cheese."
"Why?"
"Cause, the other girls I've seen either have Caesar Salad or just a cup of smoothie. Fruit smoothie. Usually strawberry."
"Ahh. I'm not one of them. I like to eat. Carbs or whatever."
"You know, I like a girl with an appetite."
"Oh really?"
"Then I should order more then!"
"No, you're going to burn a hole in my wallet. I brought only like 50 cause I thought you were going to have salad or something. Guess I was wrong about that."
Lisa thought he was sweet, smart, funny and cheeky. He was good-looking, friendly around people, it was almost hard to believe that he's sitting in front of her. She never had someone like him ask her out before. Both of them ate and talked and laughed. They would have continued the conversation if it wasn't for the "The Way I Are" ringtone coming from his pocket. "Lisa, I have to take this. I'll be right back," he said as he stood up from his place and walked out from the restaurant. Lisa looked out of the window and all sorts of thoughts came into mind. She couldn't wait to tell Jo how the date went and that he wanted to go out with her again some other time. She looked outside and noticed how blue the sky was and how green the plants looked today. Then something caught her eye. A black BMW. All her thoughts of Shaun faded away into the dark. A guy with a white polo with faded dark blue jeans stepped out from the car. His aviator sunglasses sat on his high cheekbones perfectly, his hair was short and styled, his lips were thin and supple. He shut the door and locked his car. He walked with such strength and yet with with grace. Lisa knew his features all too well. She felt a rage built inside of her. She recognised him. Hugo.

No comments: