Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Not All About Ang Pows and Oranges

I don't know about you but my CNY vacation was a BLAST! I had loads of fun despite the thought of 3 assignments on the to-do-list at the back of my mind kept calling to me. With my cousin coming back from Australia, I guess she and her mom made all the chinese new year fun come back, fun like when we were kids, you know. We, teenagers at this age, are always complaining about how CNY is getting more and more boring every year. We reminisce about the times when we were kids, we used to had loads of fun during chinese new year and when even a few ang pows would already satisfy us. Now, I don't think we really know how to appreciate the little things that used to make us so happy. Anyway, no more emo emo talk, its time I tell you how I spent my CNY.


With so many people around, you wonder where all of us stayed. It was just one roof for all 28 of us.

We did alot of things. We're talking about more than 10 cousins here!!


Playing ball. It was just passing it around but it was fun.




Coconuts. We had 80 of it, and we finished half of it within 4 hours? I know, fast.

We even saw an eclipse! Seriously!


We had to use the reflection of the water to see it cause if anyone(who would be so dumb?) were to look at the sun with their naked eye, they will go blind!!!


That's the house. Everyone there is crowding around to take alook at the eclipse.


some using transparent trays to look at the eclipse.

I couldn't take a picture of the eclipse, my eyes could barely take the rays.

During the night, we had fireworks. Not our own, but the neighbours! Free show!!!


It was raining, we just took newspapers!!! It was just a little more kampung style, you get what i mean? haha





And what's CNY without some lion dance!!


It's about the enter.


It entered.



*dong dong chiang! dong dong chiang! dong chiang dong chiang!*






TADA!!!! what's that word? "heng" is it? lucky right??


It smiled! ah hah, not, im being lame.

We even went out the the er, seaside? Actually, it was more of eating rojak and ABC. At Tanjung.




getting there!!!!


with Linus!!!! Dear cousin, with the australian accent!


the view?

On tuesday, we celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday!!!!









































































We went to the seaside! Again! A different one. In parit jawa.













There are more pictures actually.. of gambling and all.. But i'm much too lazy after putting up so many pictures! But, with all those picture, I guess you can tell my CNY rocked! I guess the reason why everyone had so much fun this year is because everybody was back in a small lil town called parit jawa. If you ever go there, you gotta try the otak-otak and the asam fish! I have to do my assignments now!

Toodles with love,
Alanna the Banana

No comments: