Friday, January 15, 2010

What's there not to love?


Admit it, most of us have never heard of Eva Longoria until she appeared in Desperate Housewives. She is known for playing Gabrielle Solis, a selfish ex-model (despite her height), who had an affair with her hot teenage gardener. She was basically playing a slutty role (in the first season).


Well, look at her. She's fan-freaking-tastic! With such body and boobs, and beautiful, sexy facial features, who wouldn't do her? Even Teri Hatcher said Eva's lips were great. Oh, they locked lips in one of the episodes of DH. Eva's good in playing the part although she's clearly not that type of person. Or is she? Nah.

So why am I blogging about Eva Longoria you may ask or wonder. Well, since I'm on break, and I'm constantly home, I managed to catch E! THS on Eva Longoria Parker. And I must say, Eva is truly an inspiration.

Eva is known as a fashion icon, actress, model, Tony Parker's wife, businesswoman and also a philanthropist.


What I really admire about Eva is - despite her size - she has gain power to help out those in need. She founded Eva's Heroes, a charity to help out developmentally disabled children. What inspired Eva was her developmentally challenged sister. Eva is involved in many other charities such as Padres Contra el Cancer, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Stroke Association and etc. etc. etc.

This woman grew up in a financially unstable family. It wasn't until she managed to get into the entertainment industry, her family's financial status improved. And since she's made it big in the business, she now has the power to give back to her community and the nation. She's someone that we girls can really look up to. =)

I may not look like her, though maybe taller than her by 2cm, may not be powerful as her, but I certainly want to have her heart as big as hers. As a new year's resolution, I have dedicated 2010 to charity. I will save money and donate it to children who are in need, donate blood (yes, I know I have a phobia of needles and blood due to a little incident with dengue and all), and do other charitable things. =D

First challenge:
For every RM100 I save, RM25 will be put away for charity. Once RM500 is collected for charity, I will donate it and I will donate blood. Of course, I have to put on half a kilo in order to donate blood. And although my blood type is AB, also known as the selfish one, I would like to call it Universal Receiver, I will still donate blood. A challenge and a chance to face my fears. =D Some of you have agreed to work with me, cause you just wanna see me scream my head off as I step into the Blood Bank. Nevertheless, I will show it to you and prove it to you I am willing to face my fears for the sake of children in need!
I must complete this challenge before June. College start in March, so I'll start getting my allowance then. This means I gotta cut off shopping. D=


Toodles with alot of determination to prove to YOU that I will not scream my head off,
Alanna the Banana

No comments: