Sunday, October 17, 2010

Practically a virgin

I haven't been blogging. I've been meaning to do it but I'm busy with my life. I'm joking I don't have a life. my upcoming exams. They start on the 28th. I'm basically screwed cause I haven't been studying much lately. BUT ANYWAY, I wanna share this with you guys cause I'm super excited about it and well, I basically have nothing else interesting happening in my life anyways.

But before that, birthday post! =D

The night before, I had a little gathering with a small, ok tiny group of friends, people I love. Kat, Kavi and Julius. Fi was supposed to join us but she had her exams. Boo hoo. We went to Nerofico, Wisma Perintis in Jalan Dungun. If you guys haven't heard about it, it's near wisma Help. Food's fantastic.

So I managed to catch up on gossip and on each other's lives basically. Tons of fun. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures cause I forgot as I was so engrossed in meeting up with the girls. But I shall leave you with a picture of what I ordered.

Yes I know, it's so pretty. Salmon!!!

After eating and talking, we bid our goodbyes as the girls had to go for their outings. Julius and I decided to indulge on desserts. At Alexis, Bangsar. HOMG, desserts were so good.

The all famous Tiramisu. It was absolutely delicious. 

No one can go wrong with Brownies. 

Hot choc, Tiramisu and Brownies = Dessert Haven
I had a blast devouring them. My tongue was definitely having a party while my tummy was hardworking. With all those desserts, I had great company with my best friend.

Look at that, enjoying himself. =)
And presenting you with this flattering picture of moi. Yes, I'm a teeny bit narcissistic. 
Had light make up on that night. I have yet to receive my ELF brushes. I wonder what's taking them so long. Finally managed to test out the BB cream from Maybelline as it was the most affordable for me. It wasn't too bad. It didn't do a fantastic job as I expected but it wasn't that bad. It did smoothen out the texture of my skin for a good canvas to work on. But it didn't cover the spots I had. Still had to use quite a bit of concealer. Well, I got it for RM20 at Guardian. You guys should test it and let me know if it works for you.



On my birthday, it started with Julius giving me a birthday lunch from McDs, a carnation and his present. =) Very sweet of him. He let me drive his car too. =D And of course, the celebratory dinner with my parents at Fatty Crab, Taman Mega and a movie, Eat Pray Love. Twas good. =)

On another note, after anticipating it for so long, I finally got the iPhone 4! Yi-laine texted me that morning about Maxis and Digi restocking the iPhones so I immediately rushed there. Yes, I rushed there and managed to put my name on the list. After waiting for 2 hours, I finally got this baby.

It's so pretty when it's naked.

The resolutions are pretty damn good. I love it.

My bumper! Got at Mac City for RM 89. 

So with that, that was not the surprising part of the post. As most of you know, if you hang out with me a lot, I don't normally carry bags. I carry my wallet and put my phone in my pocket. Or, I'd put my stuff into this tiny red pouch. If I ever go out for dinners, I carry the super tiny LV evening bag, or it looks more like a pouch.
Since I got the iPhone, I can no longer put my phone into my pocket of my jeans. I have resorted to buying a handbag. Yes, Alanna finally owns a handbag. A legit handbag. After much aggravation of choosing a suitable bag for myself, I finally bought one from Dorothy Perkins.




It's not too big, not too small. I didn't have the slightest clue what to put into my bag, but the first two stuff that went in was my phone and my wallet. The next thing I put in was a packet of tissue paper. That's all I can think of really. I never had the experience of carrying a legit handbag, so it was a little weird for me to carry one at first. Yes, I am super excited about my bag and I'm starting to love it a lot.


So anyway, it's time for me to get back on my law. Paramore coming up!


Toodles with love,
Alanna the Banana

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I can't believe you've never had a handbag. haha so cute! :)

you can put all sorts of things in there! like doraemon.
pen, paper, wet tissue, lip gloss, reading material if you're ever stranded and bored, a pack of cards,camera, water, perfume (ensure all liquids are sealed properly to prevent spillage and possible heartache)

the purple thong said...

Nerofico? Near my place. ;) Did ya miss me? =P