Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

I just got back from a girls night and I decided to put on make up just to experiment with new colour combinations with the existing colours I have. So I checked out a couple of tutorials from one of my favourite youtuber and decided on a Sultry Rose Look by xteener.



So based on her tutorial, I slowly made use of the colours I had and got this result!

You can see a little pink at the inner corner of my eye

My eyelids! 

Instead of using the eyeshadow wash as used in the video, I used my Stila lipglaze in a light pink-ish colour. Since the colour didn't really come out, it acted as a primer. I didn't have a light pink eyeshadow, so I decided to replace it with my Cyber Colours Mineral Blusher in Peach. For the grey, I used one of the matt grey colour from Maybelline Eyestudio in New York Night. I used the highlighter from Maybelline on my brow bone. 

For the cheeks, I used my Cyber Colours mineral blusher again and for the lips, my ELF lipstick in Nicely Nude. 

The overall look (though you can't see the eyes)

Those were the stuff I used for this look replacing those items on the tutorial. Though mine didn't look as subtle as xteener's, I thought it was a pretty good first attempt. Practice does make perfect, so that's the future. 

To my readers, I'm so sorry if it has been really girly stuff lately. I'm just experimenting with make up these days since I got bored over the summer holidays and I'm falling in love with make up now. If some of you like it, well, there's more coming as I'm not quite done yet with my experiments. Most of the make up tutorials are from American youtubers who have access to affordable make up. And I constantly feel that I need to buy what they are using to achieve the look the made on the video, and make up over in Malaysia can be really pricy especially those branded ones. So here I am, sharing with you girls which products you can use which are affordable and can give you ALMOST the same results you see on video. 

There will be other posts besides make up, so just keep tuning in! Oh one a completely different topic, I have only come with two new year resolutions. One, to get all Distinctions in my first semester in Melbourne Uni. Two, to save as much money as possible to pay for part of my ticket back to Malaysia. Yeap, that's all I got so far. 



Toodles with love, 
Alanna the Banana

No comments: