Wednesday, April 8, 2009

MY FIRST PAYCHECK

The title of the blog says it all. I, Alanna Ong Min Quen, has recieved her first paycheck! *looks up the sky and mouths thank you*





I have earned money by working! For 10 hours! Actually more than that, but the official number of hours is 10. I worked during a weekend in the UK Education fair in KLCC. I worked as an event assistant in the Customer Survey section. All I need to do is encourage people to do a survey, which takes about 8 minutes to complete to win a prize through a lucky draw after the survey is done. Sounds simple? Well, it is! If they need help, they will ask me for assistance!

Besides earning that paycheck, I got to meet a new bunch of friends. They are open, friendly, funny and fun! They made my working experience truly enjoyable even though it was only two days. I might say my job is easy and all but I had to stand for 10 hours. I only get a 1-hour break a day and I spend it wisely by sitting down on a chair. Doesn't matter what chair or no chair at all, as long as I'm sitting down. With the right company, standing for those hours seemed to be alright actually. We exchanged phone numbers and e-mail addresses and we call each other out for simple teh-tarik outtings. And you thank someone up above for presenting you with such company.

The two people I need to thank for giving me this opportunity to work is Kavi and her mom. Kavi asked if I wanted to work and I agreed! I'm glad I did! I love you, Kavitha. And this paycheck. Sadly, that paycheck is going into someone else's wallet. I rather not talk about it.


Toodles with love,
Alanna the Banana

No comments: